Posted by Tara on Wednesday, January 16th, 2013
How is everyone doing keeping their resolution to becoming healthier? Remember it takes about 3 weeks to change a behavior pattern. Keep on keeping on! I believe we have to keep our menu choices healthy and tasty and have enough variety that we do not get bored. I’m here to help with the variety. So this week, I’ve created a new breakfast shake – Banana Split, made with VISALUS (click link for purchasing info) sweet cream protein powder. This shake passed the kid taste test at our house. I’ve never seen them down a shake so fast. But don’t worry – although it tastes like a Banana Split, it’s still packed with protein and nutrients and low on calories. Here’s what you need:
- 1 serving of VISALUS Sweet Cream Protein Powder Mix – (2 scoops)
- 1 cup ice cubes (more or less to suit the thickness to your liking)
- 2 1″ Banana chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 2-3 Maraschino Cherries
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk, or almond, or skim, or soy milk
Add all the ingredients above to a blender and mix until smooth, varying the shake’s smoothness by adding more/less ice or coconut milk. Top with the following for garnish is desired:
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Hershey’s syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Redi-Whip Topping
Approximate nutritional content with the syrup and cream topping – 320 calories, 17 grams protein, 13.5 grams carbs, 7.5 grams fiber, 14.5 grams fat.
2 Responses to “A Healthy Me, A Healthy You – Banana Split Protein Shake”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.