Posted by Tara on Thursday, July 10th, 2014
These pasta bowls can be whipped up in a snap and made with some fresh garden veggies and specialty pasta. Feel free to vary the vegetables as your garden is harvested this summer.
- 16 oz pasta variety (pictured is gluten free Lemon Parsley Pasta) – cooked and drained according to package directions
- 6 tablespoons browned butter
- 2 large cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 sweet chopped onion
- 1 green, purple, red, or yellow Bell pepper – diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes – halved
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3-4 basil leaves chopped
- 3-4 chopped green onions
- 1 chicken bullion cube (I use NOT CHICKEN, MSG free)
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- juice from 2 lemons
- zest from 2 lemons
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- extra basil leaves for garnish
- fresh lemon slices for garnish
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse, and set aside.
In a large skillet brown the butter. Add the minced garlic, chopped sweet onion, diced peppers, halved tomatoes, shredded carrots, chopped green onions, and chopped basil leaves to the browned butter. Toss vegetables to coat them with the browned butter. Add the chicken bullion cube. Let the veggies simmer 3-4 minutes. While vegetables are simmering, add the half and half, water, and corn starch to a jar. Place lid on jar, and shake to blend corn starch. Add mixture to the skillet of vegetables and simmer just long enough for the sauce to begin to thicken. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest along with the salt and pepper to taste to the mixture and remove skillet from heat. Serve the vegetables over pasta. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, lemon slices and basil leaves.
This dish can be served in individual bowls or mixed together in a large dish for serving buffet style. The sauce is gluten free and the whole dish can be gluten free depending on the pasta choice. Add some baked lemon pepper chicken to the pasta for variety.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.