Posted by Tara on Friday, May 17th, 2013
Here’s a refreshing salad to kick start spring – Fresh Strawberry Greens Salad with Fresh Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing. I used a mix of kale, spinach, and baby Romaine but you certainly could vary the greens to suit your tastebuds. The cold English cucumber, pecan pieces, and Feta cheese nicely compliment the greens and berries. And the dressing makes the perfect taste marriage! Here’s how:
- 2 cups baby kale
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups baby Romaine
- 1 cucumber – diced
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (washed, stems removed and sliced lengthwise)
- 1 cup pecan or walnut pieces
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Fresh Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing
In a large serving bowl place the greens and diced cucumber. Top with sliced strawberries, nuts, cheese, and mint leaves. Drizzle Fresh Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing over salad right before serving. Makes 6 hearty servings.
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup Mayo
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar (or 2-3 Tablespoons honey or Stevia)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries (washed and stems removed)
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Poppy Seeds
Place the mayo, sour cream, powdered sugar (or honey or Stevia), fresh strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and ground ginger in a blender or high powered food processor. Blend on high speed until dressing is smooth and berries are fully pureed. Transfer dressing to a pint sized jar for storage. Add the poppy seeds and whisk to blend. Store in fridge until ready to use over fruit or green salad. Keeps well for up to 7 days.
4 Responses to “Fresh Strawberry Greens Salad with Fresh Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.