Posted by Tara on Wednesday, April 24th, 2013
- 2 cups finely chopped seeded cucumber (I used an English cucumber)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato (squeeze excess juice out of tomato and press with paper towel)
- 1/2 cup diced red Bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red or sweet yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fine or pressed
- 2-3 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- Tortilla chips or Pita chips or carrot sticks for dipping
Place the chopped cucumber, tomato, red or sweet onion, red pepper, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, parsley, garlic, and green onion in a large bowl and toss gently to mix ingredients together. Cover and store chopped ingredients in refrigerator for a couple of hours until ready to serve. In a separate bowl combine the sour cream, lemon and lime juice, cumin, seasoning salt and blend with a wire whisk. This is the dressing for the salsa. Store it until ready to serve salsa. Then pour the dressing mixture over the chilled fresh veggies. Serve right away with corn chips or pita chips or even some carrot sticks for dipping.
Next time I think I will add a little dill weed and some cayenne pepper for a little extra kick.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.