Posted by Tara on Thursday, September 11th, 2014
Here is another recipe passed down by my Mother-In-Law. It’s simple, quick, and easy. Although I prefer to make this bread with fresh cut corn or frozen corn, the original recipe called for canned cream style corn. Either way this bread always proves to be a crowd pleaser.
- 1/2 stick butter – melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh cut corn (or 1 cup of canned creamed corn)
- 1 cup self rising meal
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeño peppers (optional)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2 more Tablespoons melted butter
Melt butter in a 8″ iron skillet. In a medium bowl add the sour cream and eggs and mix well. Add the corn, meal, and chopped onion, and melted butter. Add peppers and cheese if desired. Stir until blended and pour into iron skillet. Bake 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Add a couple of Teaspoons of melted butter to the skillet before pouring the batter in for an extra measure of butter taste and crisp crust.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.