Posted by Tara on Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014
Looking for a quick, light, savory salad? Try my Cool as a Cucumber Salad made with Lester Farm’s pickling cucumbers, a light dressing, and some garden fresh cherry tomatoes. This is a perfect cool down side for 4th of July picnic!
- 3 cups sliced fresh cucumbers (can use pickling cucumbers, English cucumbers, or regular cucumbers)
- 1 Vidalia onion sliced or diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or use a large home grown tomato)
- Fresh or dried dill weed for garnish
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar *
- 2 Tablespoons Olive or Grape Seed Oil
- 1 teaspoon course ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sugar (or use 1 packet Stevia for sugar free recipe)
Place the sliced cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes in a medium sized serving dish. Make the dressing by adding the rice vinegar, oil, pepper, and sweetener to a pint size glass jar. Put the lid on jar and shake it to mix the dressing together. Pour dressing over the cucumber mixture and chill for about an hour.
*Using rice vinegar instead of apple cider or white vinegar is a good alternative for people who do not like the strong taste of the latter two. Of course apple cider or white vinegar can be used in place of the rice vinegar if the stronger, more acidic taste is preferred.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.