Posted by Tara on Monday, February 24th, 2014
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (can also use gluten free pasta)
- 2 quarts water
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1/2 stick real butter – melted
- 16 oz sharp grated cheddar cheese – divided
- salt, pepper, and paprika for seasoning to taste
In a large pot or Dutch oven, bring water, salt, and oil to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, 8-9 minutes. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl mix together the eggs, evaporated milk, melted butter, salt and pepper. Stir in 3/4 of the cheddar cheese and add the pasta. Stir to coat the pasta with cheese and egg mixture. Pour mixture into a preheated crock pot that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle on some paprika. Cover and cook on low heat 2-4 hours, or until cheese in melted and bubbly.
Oven method: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Add the prepared mac and cheese mixture, top with remaining cheese, and dust with paprika. Cook until the cheese is golden and bubbly or about 3o minutes. Serve while hot.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.