Posted by Tara on Monday, January 6th, 2014
With the single digit temps here in the south, there is no better time to whip up some home made beef stew and cornbread. I put all the ingredients in my Dutch oven and cooked it a couple of hours at 350 in my oven while I was away one morning recently. This could also be an easy crock pot meal too. And it is delicious!
- 2 pound chuck roast, cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into diagonal slices
- 2 celery stalks, cut into diagonal chunks
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 14 oz can petitie diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2-3 medium potatoes diced
- 8-12 cups non MSG beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients into a large Dutch oven or crock pot. Place Dutch oven in a 350 degree oven for 2-2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. If cooking in a crock pot, cook on low overnight or all day. Serve with cornbread.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.