Posted by Tara on Friday, December 27th, 2013
There are many ways to strengthen marriages and relationships. In my book, BACON never fails to make my man happy. There’s only one way to improve bacon, and that is to serve it up with pulled smoked pork BBQ AND thin shaved country ham! This sandwich is incredibly hearty and pleasing served up on sourdough rolls, with smoked provolone cheese and some jalepeno aioli.
To make 4 hearty sandwiches:
- 4 sourdough buns or 8 pieces of sourdough bread
- 1 pound smoked and pulled pork BBQ from your local pit BBQ joint
- 8 pieces cooked bacon
- half pound country ham sliced super thin (I get Clifty Farms Country Ham from our Kroger deli)
- 8 slices smoked Provolone cheese
- Butter for grilling the bread or buns
- Jalepeno Aioli
To prepare sandwiches, spread soft butter on top sides of sandwich bread or insides of bun. Grill over medium high heat until bread is golden brown and toasty. Lay a slice of Provolone cheese on top of grill bread or bun pieces. Spread some aioli over the cheese, then add sliced country ham, pork BBQ, and bacon strips. Top with remaining bread and PIG OUT!
In a blender add and blend until smooth:
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-2 jalepeno peppers (remove seeds for less heat, keep seeds for more heat)
- juice of 1 lime plus lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or 1 fresh clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.