Posted by Tara on Thursday, September 12th, 2013
I am sad to see summer end because we are enjoying our Lester Farm’s CSA so much this year. I am loving all the fresh peppers and onions and especially the hybrid variety of corn called Peaches and Cream. Here’s a tasty recipe that can be used with fresh corn or frozen corn during the winter. We have also baked this in our outdoor smoker for an extra special flavor!
- 1 stick real butter
- 1 medium red bell pepper – diced fine
- 1 medium green bell pepper – diced fine
- 1 medium orange bell pepper – diced fine
- 1-2 diced jalepeno peppers – diced fine and seeds removed to reduce heat
- 6-8 ears of fresh corn, shucked, silked, and cut off cob (about 4 cups) or can use frozen corn
- 1 cup real whipping cream
- salt and black pepper to taste
In a large iron skillet melt the stick of butter. Add the chopped peppers, and sauté in the butter a minute stirring constantly. Add the fresh corn and the cream. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Place skillet of corn and peppers into a preheated 425 degree oven. Bake approximately 30 minutes, stirring halfway. Corn should begin to turn golden brown around the edges of the skillet and most of the cream absorbed by the corn. Serve Hot!
One Response to “Peppers and Sweet Corn Skillet”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.