Posted by Tara on Friday, July 26th, 2013
I do believe this is my all time favorite cookie recipe. Since our family has moved towards a more gluten-free diet, I’ve been experimenting with some of my old favorite recipes to adapt to our new diet. I am happy to report that these cookies taste even better made with Bob’s Gluten Free Baking Mix and coconut sugar. Although I used raisins and pecans, your favorite variety of chopped dried fruit could be used with our without the nuts.
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Baking Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted real butter (no substitutions)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (can use regular white sugar but coconut sugar tastes better, lower glycemic index)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped raisins or other dried fruit
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Combine oats, flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside. Cream butter and both sugars together. Add egg and vanilla. Add oat mixture and mix until just combined then fold in the raisins and nuts. Use a 1 oz cookie dough scoop to place dough on cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake 8-9 minutes at 350 degrees. Yield approximately 2 dozen cookies.
One Response to “Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice Cookies – Gluten Free Version”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.