Posted by Tara on Monday, July 22nd, 2013
My family sure is loving all the fresh summer veggies we pick up each week from Lester Farms in our CSA basket. The produce is high quality and so fresh and flavorful. I have also enjoyed creating recipes for the CSA baskets. Today for lunch we feasted on Chicken Garden Pasta Bowls made with fresh asparagus and cherry tomatoes tossed in a garlic sauce with grilled chicken, all served over pasta.
For the chicken marinade:
- 2 Tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh chopped thyme
- zest from 2 lemons
- juice from 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or 2-3 minced cloves of fresh garlic
- 4-5 medium chicken breasts or approximately 1 1/2 pounds fresh chicken tenders
Combine all the above ingredients in a gallon Zip-Lock bag. Place bag in refrigerator overnight or at least 30 minutes for quick marinade. When ready to cook your meal, remove chicken and place on prepared grill (can also bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes). Grill chicken over gas or charcoal until nicely browned and done. Cook times will vary depending on grill temperature and chicken thickness. Chop cooked chicken into bite size pieces and set aside.
For the Garlic Sauce:
- 1/2 stick real butter – no substitutions
- 2 Tablespoon grape seed oil
- 3-4 fresh cloves minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil – chopped
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus spear tips
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Romano cheese
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Zest another lemon
In a large skillet melt the butter with the oil over medium heat. Add the fresh garlic and sautee for a minute. Next add the corn starch and blend with a wire whisk for a minute. Slowly add the chicken broth and the half and half and continue to whisk over medium heat until mixture starts to thicken. Add the grilled cut up chicken to the sauce along with the parmesan cheese and basil. Stir over medium heat until cheese is melted, then add the tomatoes and asparagus spears. Cook another minute or two. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then serve the garden sauce in pasta bowls over hot prepared noodles of your choice. Garnish each bowl with the fresh grated Romano cheese and some lemon zest if desired.
2 Responses to “Chicken Garden Pasta Bowls”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.