Posted by Tara on Monday, June 17th, 2013
The 4th of July will be here before too long. If you are looking for some cool salad or grilling recipes, stay tuned here to TaraCooks.com. I’ve got quite a few new recipes to post. BLT Ranch Pasta Salad is a new summer time favorite at our house. It is the perfect salad to compliment a back yard barbeque or it can stand alone as a lunch meal for many light eaters. And for the Gluten Free diners in your life, make this recipe with your favorite gluten free pasta.
- 8 oz bow tie, elbow, or other small pasta (can use any gluten free variety for GF diners) cooked, drained, and cooled
- 1 small head of green, red, or iceburg lettuce (leaves washed and dried, then cut into very small pieces)
- 8-12 strips cooked nitrate free bacon – crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium seeded tomatoes chopped
- 1-2 cups Home Made Herbal Ranch Dressing (more or less to suit your taste)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse pasta and let pasta cool. While pasta cools, prepare bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and shred cheese if needed. I find it works best to place all ingredients in separate Zip-Lock bags until close to meal time. Then each ingredient can be poured into a large serving bowl and tossed together. Although bottled dressing could be used, fresh home made dressing is tastier. Pour dressing over assembled salad starting with 1 cup. Add more if you prefer a thicker coating of dressing on your salad. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2 Responses to “BLT Ranch Pasta Salad”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.