Posted by Tara on Thursday, May 30th, 2013
Here is a perfect side dish for a potluck, a special brunch, a baby or wedding shower, a light dessert, and a refreshing summer time treat – Fresh Strawberry Fruit Salad wih Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing. Nuts and mini marshmallows are optional but delicious additions.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (washed, stems removed, and sliced)
- 1 cup red or purple seedless grapes (washed and sliced in halves)
- 1 fresh apple (washed, cored, and diced)
- 1 fresh pear (washed, cored, and diced)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup walnut or pecan pieces (optional)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows (optional)
- Fresh Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing
Mix all the fruit and nuts together in a large serving bowl. Drizzle Fresh Strawberry Poppy Seed Dressing over fruit and stir to coat. Serve right away. Makes 6-8 servings. Add 1 cup mini marshmallows if desired and serve as a dessert.
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup Mayo
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar (or 2-3 Tablespoons honey or Stevia)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries (washed and stems removed)
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Poppy Seeds
Place all ingredients EXCEPT Poppy Seeds in a blender. Blend on high speed until dressing is smooth and berries are fully pureed. Transfer dressing to a pint sized jar for storage. Add the poppy seeds and whisk to blend. Store in fridge a couple hours until ready to use over fruit or green salad. Keeps well for up to 7 days.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.