Posted by Tara on Thursday, April 7th, 2011
Every southern gal needs a quick and tasty one dish meal to whip up in 10 minutes when unexpected chaos arrives at mealtime. This recipe is made with canned chicken in a pinch, but could also be made with a deli style rotisserie chicken or regular chicken breast if time allows. But trust me and try the canned version first. I see no reason to put forth the effort when one is trying to maintain some sanity at the end of a hectic day.
- 3 12oz cans white chicken meat – drained and flaked with a fork
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 8oz container of sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons instant minced onion
- 2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeeds
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian Seasoning
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tubes Ritz crackers – crushed into crumbs (or about 4 cups)
- 2 sticks melted butter
In a large mixing bowl combine the drained chicken and separate the chunks with a fork. Add the sour cream and the cream of chicken soup and mix well. Next add the minced onion, poppy seeds, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into 10″ iron skillet or 9×13 casserole dish. Mix the cracker crumbs with the melted butter and sprinkle mixture over top of chicken mixture. Place casserole in a 350 degree preheated oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve while hot with a tossed salad for a complete meal.
5 Responses to “Parmesan Poppy Seed Chicken”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.