Posted by Tara on Wednesday, December 26th, 2012
This is a first post in what I hope will be helpful recipes for those striving to make some healthy changes. This recipe is packed with flavor, is quick to make, and is low in fat. Verde Chicken Chili is made with a deli style chicken and canned ingredients, this recipe can be whipped up in less than 30 minutes. One cup is worth only 6 Weight Watchers points AND it tastes fantastic!
- 1 large (2-3 lbs) deli-baked chicken (skin removed, meat pulled and diced)
- 2 10 oz cans green chili enchilada sauce (medium or hot)
- 2 4.5oz cans chopped green chilies
- 2 32 oz cartons organic chicken broth
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes (mild or hot)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes ( I use NO CHICKEN)
- 1-2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 12 oz can white shoe peg corn, or 12 oz frozen corn
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped fine
- 2 15 oz cans organic black beans – drained and rinsed
Pull chicken meat from bones and shred into small pieces.
Transfer cooked chicken to a large Dutch oven. Add the enchilada sauce, green chilies, chicken broth, bouillon cubes, cumin, and corn. Let soup simmer 10-15 minutes. Add chopped cilantro and rinsed black beans and let soup simmer another 5 minutes. Serve immediately with hot bread, or tortilla chips and sour cream.
Makes approximately 14 cups.
4 Responses to “A New Me A New You – Verde Chicken Chili”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.