Posted by Tara on Monday, December 27th, 2010
What could be better on a cold winter’s morning that Hillbilly Hash for breakfast? Made with country ham, fresh pineapple, red and green pepper, and Ore Ida frozen hash browns, Hill Billy Hash will please any ornary or contrary guest at your breakfast table.
- 2 cups Ore Ida frozen hash browns country style
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 1 small onion peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup Clifty Farms country ham pieces diced or shredded
- 3/4 cup fresh pineapple diced
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
In 10″ iron skillet, melt coconut oil or butter over medium heat. Add the hash browns, onions, green peppers, and red peppers. Stir hashbrowns and peppers and onions 5-6 minutes or until hashbrowns are slightly browned and tender. Add the country ham and stir fry another 2 minutes. Then add the fresh pineapple and cheddar cheese. Toss to mix well. Turn off heat and place a lid on skillet for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
2 Responses to “Hillbilly Hash”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.