Posted by Tara on Sunday, September 5th, 2010
I don’t want to say goodbye to summer just yet. I love the season of grilling, fresh veggies, sweet and juicy fruits, and trying new combinations. Here’s my latest concoction – Hawaiian Rib eye Salad. The steak can be grilled outside or inside on a griddle. Bacon and fresh pineapple add a wonderful twist. And the salad can be served in a pineapple half for a festive occasion.
- 1 pound of rib eye steaks (2-3 steaks typically make a pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6-8 pieces cooked, crumbled bacon (save drippings)
- 1 cup fresh cut up pineapple (Cut whole pineapple into halves and hull out the pineapple flesh. Save pineapple hulls for serving)
- Fresh salad greens
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 Tablespoon toasted coconut
- Vinegrette Dressing or Kraft Asian Sesame Dressing
Mix together the ginger, garlic salt, and pepper. Rub ribeyes with seasonings. Preheat an iron griddle over medium high heat. Add 1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil to the griddle, then add steaks. Cook steaks 2-3 mintues on each side, or until desired doneness is acheived. Remove meat from griddle and cut steak into 1″ pieces. Return steak to hot griddle along with the crumbled bacon and pineapple. Drizzle a Tablespoon of bacon drippings over meat and pineapple. Stir fry mixture for 1-2 minutes. Remove mixture from griddle.
Add lettuce or spinach greens to hulled pinapple halves. Spoon steak, bacon, and pineapple onto lettuce bed. Add bell pepper peices. Garnish with toasted coconut and slivered almonds. Serve with any vinegrette dressing or Kraft Asian Sesame dressing.