Posted by Tara on Saturday, February 28th, 2015
This recipe is a keeper! It is a crowder pleaser and is so easy to make – just brown beef, open cans, add cooked noodles and enjoy.
- 1 pound browned ground beef
- 1 can 28 oz can diced tomatoes with basil and oregano
- 2 NO BEEF bullion cubes + 4 cups water (or use a 32oz box of beef broth + 1 NO BEEF Bullion cube)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooked spiral noodles (cook about 1 cup dry spiral noodles – do not add cooked noodles until almost ready to serve)
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese
In large Dutch oven brown the ground beef. Add bullion cubes, water (or beef broth) and tomatoes. Bring to boil and dissolve bullion cubes in liquid. Add salt and pepper to suit your taste buds. Reduce heat to simmer at 20-30 minutes. While the beef, broth, and tomatoes are simmering, prepare 1 cup of dry pasta spirals according to package directions. Cook until al dente, drain, and rinse with cold water. Add cooked noodles to soup mixture before serving and let simmer another 5 minutes. Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Plain diced tomatoes can also be used along with 1-2 teaspoons of dried Italian seasoning