Posted by Tara on Monday, January 19th, 2009
Our family certainly isn’t married to any one particular chili recipe. However, the kids really like this one because it isn’t “chunky.” I like it because it is so quick and easy to make. This recipe can be whipped up in 3 steps and simmered for 30 minutes on the stovetop, or slow cooked in the crock pot.
STEP 1 Brown 1 pound ground beef in large pot.
STEP 2 Add Spices:
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 dried bay leaves (optional)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder (optional)
STEP 3 Open 3 Cans and add to beef and spices:
- 1 can Rotel (we like the mild)
- 1 can Tomato Sauce
- 1 can Beans (kidney, or pinto, navy, or black – cook’s choice!)
Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes or place in slow cooker and simmer longer (up to 4 hours) or until ready to serve.